Lead by Learning.
Wij zijn telefonisch bereikbaar tijdens kantooruren.
Maandag t/m Donderdag
10:00am tot 7:00pm
8:30am tot 5:30pm
Tel: (297) 588-0541
English for Beginners
Those whose native language is not English and who wish to be able to carry on basic conversation in proper English
English for Beginners is an introductory course to English as a second language. The class is designed with the beginner in mind, focusing on the building blocks of the English language. Students get personalized attention as they practice speaking and writing in English, a language that is practically new to them. Throughout the course of this workshop students become more familiar and comfortable as they learn the basics, and begin setting their new skills into action. This class gives them the opportunity to develop their communication skills that will ultimately help them both in their professional and personal lives.
Topics covered during the class are:
- Making introductions
- Places to visit and events
- Jobs and social relationships
- How to start conversations
- Food & drink
- Making and accepting offers
- Money, prices, travel and dates
- Giving and asking for opinions
- Greetings and farewells
- Addresses and locations
- Goods and services
- Giving and asking for directions
- Discussing events in the past
- Proper telephone techniques