Lead by Learning.
Wij zijn telefonisch bereikbaar tijdens kantooruren.
Maandag t/m Donderdag
10:00am tot 7:00pm
8:30am tot 5:30pm
Tel: (297) 588-0541
Emotional Intelligence Workshop
Emotional Intelligence describes the ability to understand one’s own feelings, and that of groups, and how these emotions can influence motivation and behavior.
As a result of the growing acknowledgement by professionals of the importance and relevance of emotions to work outcomes, the research on the topic continued to gain momentum, but it wasn’t until the publication of Daniel Goleman’s best seller Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ that the term became widely accepted by mainstream media. Researchers have suggested that emotional intelligence influences how well employees interact with their colleagues, and EQ is also thought to play a role in how workers manage stress and conflict. It also affects overall performance on the job. Other studies have linked emotional intelligence with job satisfaction.
Goleman suggested that while traditional intelligence was associated with leadership success, it alone was not enough. People who are successful at work aren’t just smart—they also have a high EQ.
- Define and practice self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, and empathy
- Understand, use and manage your emotions
- Verbally communicate with others
- Successfully communicate with others in a non-verbal manner
- Identify the benefits of emotional intelligence
- Relate emotional intelligence to the workplace
- Balance optimism and pessimism
- Effectively impact others