Lead by Learning.
Wij zijn telefonisch bereikbaar tijdens kantooruren.
Maandag t/m Donderdag
10:00am tot 7:00pm
8:30am tot 5:30pm
Tel: (297) 588-0541
Principles of Banking
Professionals working at any level within the banking industry of Aruba needing a basic and solid knowledge of the principles of banking.
Long recognized as the standard introduction to the banking industry, Principles of Banking touches on nearly every aspect of banking, from the fundamentals of negotiable instruments to contemporary issues and developments within the industry.
After completing this program, you will be able to:
- Discuss the relationships banks have with their customers and their communities and describe the traditional, non-traditional and electronic services that banks provide
- Explain the evolution of commercial banking and the federal legislation that shaped its development
- Discuss various deposit instruments, the many ways customers can make deposits, and the means tellers have for establishing a customer’s identity
- Discuss the legal restrictions on bank loans, describe the role of the bank’s board of directors in establishing and overseeing lending policy, and identify basic loan categories
- Explain the objectives of funds management, including asset and liability management, and the objectives of bank investments
- Recognize the importance of accurate accounting data and describe the categories on the balance sheet and income statement
- Discuss the components of the marketing concept and how understanding customers and market research lead to the success of marketing efforts
- Explain specialized services offered by banks, including trusts, safe deposit services, global banking services and newly expanded brokerage and insurance services
- Describe how electronic funds transfers systems and bank cards facilitate purchases, discuss home banking options for consumers and cash management options for businesses, and explain some of the systems developed to provide security and prevent loss
The participant has a general secondary education or higher. A specific preliminary training is not required, but a basic understanding of the English language will be beneficial for this course.
Eight (8) interactive sessions of 2,5 hours plus an exam session.
Registration fee: Awg. 50,-
Course price: Awg. 1.250,-
Course materials: Awg. 250,-
Exam: doc Opleidingen en Trainingen Aruba; The first exam included; Awg. 100,- for each re-examination.
doc’s ‘Principles of Banking Aruba’ course is recognized by the Aruba Bankers Association.